South Carolina Ports awarded $252,500 in grants to 90 community organizations and nonprofits throughout South Carolina through its fiscal year 2023 Community Giving Program.
SC Ports dedicates a portion of its revenues each year to support charitable organizations around the state.
SC Ports increased giving levels to $7,500, $5,000 and $2,500 grants this year to help further organizations’ missions.
Many of this year’s grant recipients are dedicated to community outreach and entrepreneurial development, such as the Eastside Community Development Corp. and Increasing H.O.P.E. These organizations provide support, education and training to help spark opportunities for people within their communities.
SC Ports continues to support organizations focused on increasing food security and access to healthy foods, including The Green Heart Project, Fresh Future Farm and Sustaining Way.
Environmental efforts that help enhance and preserve South Carolina’s natural resources remain a consistent focus for SC Ports. Numerous environmental organizations received grants this year, including Audubon South Carolina, the Avian Conservation Center/Center for Birds of Prey, Charleston Parks Conservancy, Environmental Education Association of SC, Friends of Coastal South Carolina, Hampton Wildlife Fund Inc. and Wounded Nature – Working Veterans.
SC Ports also believes deeply in supporting educational initiatives, with a special focus this year on workforce development and STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and math) programs, including Beyond Our Walls, Communities in Schools of South Carolina, Future Entrepreneurs Foundation and Dillon County First Steps.
Programs must fit within one of the focus areas: maritime commerce, economic development, environmental awareness or community outreach. Programs with measurable, sustained impacts receive priority during the selection process.
Fiscal Year 2023 Community Giving Grant Recipients:
- Eastside Community Development Corp.
- The Green Heart Project
- Beyond Our Walls, Inc. (BOWs)
- Communities In Schools of South Carolina (CISSC)
- Golden Achievers Community Development Center Inc.
- Increasing H.O.P.E.
- SC Future Makers
- South Carolina Aquarium
- Teachers’ Supply Closet
- African American Settlement Historic Commission
- Aiken Junior Golf Foundation, First Tee – Aiken
- Amazing Grace Park, Clementa Pinckney Memorial Foundation
- Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired SC
- Audubon South Carolina
- Avian Conservation Center/Center for Birds of Prey
- Beaufort-Jasper Academy for Career Excellence
- BEGIN WITH BOOKS/Palmetto Project
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Lowcountry
- Boy Scouts of America – Coastal Carolina Council
- Camp Happy Days
- Camp Rise Above
- Charleston Area Senior Citizens
- Charleston Orphan House Inc., Carolina Youth D
- Charleston Parks Conservancy
- Charleston Symphony Orchestra (CSO)
- Children’s Cancer Partners of the Carolinas
- Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry
- Coaches For Character
- Creative Advancement Centers
- Dillon County Chamber of Commerce / PLDCAA
- Dillon County First Steps
- Dillon County United Way
- Dorchester Economic Development Corporation
- Dorchester Two Educational Foundation
- Early Learning Partnership of York County
- Edisto Island youth Recreation (EIYR)
- Environmental Education Association of SC
- Every 1 Voice Matters
- Fields to Families
- First Tee – Greater Charleston
- Fresh Future Farm
- Friends of Coastal South Carolina
- Future Entrepreneurs Foundation
- Girls on the Run Coastal South Carolina
- Greenville Drive
- Greenville Tech Foundation
- Greer Community Ministries Inc.
- Greer Development Corporation
- Greer Relief & Resources Agency Inc.
- Hampton Wildlife Fund Inc.
- Healing Farms
- Heart Math Tutoring
- Help 4 Kids Florence
- Helping Hands of Goose Creek
- House of Hope North Charleston
- Humanities Foundation
- Jasper County First Steps
- Junior Achievement of Greater SC
- Kids On Point
- A Backpack journalist
- Lions Vision Services
- Lowcountry Autism Foundation
- Lowcountry Chapter of Stand Up and Play Foundation
- Lowcountry Legal Volunteers
- Lowcountry Local First
- Lowcountry Maritime School
- Meals On Wheels Of Summerville SC
- Mother Emanuel Memorial Foundation
- Motivate To Educate Organization
- Multiplying Good
- Orangeburg County Community of Character
- Project Cool Breeze
- Reading Partners
- Rural Area Leadership Initiative-Dillon County
- SC Operation Lifesaver – SC NSC
- SC School for the Deaf and the Blind Foundation
- SHIELD Ministries Inc.
- Sustaining Way
- The Pink House Neighborhood Resource Center
- The Village Group
- Town of Ridgeville
- Tri-County Cradle to Career Collaborative
- Trident Literacy Association
- United Ministries
- Wings for Kids
- Winyah Rivers Alliance
- Wounded Nature – Working Veterans
- YouthBASE Inc.
- YWCA Greater Charleston
About South Carolina Ports Authority