Click here to get a PDF of this post
A list of the current most shorted stocks right now can be a great place to look for potential deep dip value buys. The stocks with the highest short interest on major U.S. stock exchanges is also a good list to watch and stay updated for potential short squeezes.
The below stocks have the highest percentage of their share float borrowed to sell short. These short interest levels show built in future buying pressure as the shares short must eventually be bought back to cover. These stocks are the ones with the highest probability of short squeezes after the bears have overstayed their welcome.
Short sellers that failed to lock in their profit late in a high short interest stock can get a big upside surprise with any bullish news event that brings hope back for the stock to go higher. Selling short goes against the long term trend in the stock market and stocks getting on this list of most shorted stocks can be bullish for a stock signaling it is about to rally higher.
Here is a list of the current top 25 most heavily shorted stocks.
- FUV Arcimoto Inc Nasdaq 42.16% Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- BGFV Big 5 Sporting Goods Corp Nasdaq 40.87% Retailers – Miscellaneous Specialty
- CTRN Citi Trends, Inc. Nasdaq 40.78% Retailers – Apparel & Accessories
- GOGO Gogo Inc Nasdaq 37.66% Communications Services
- BYND Beyond Meat Inc Nasdaq 37.56% Food Processing
- ICPT Intercept Pharmaceuticals Inc Nasdaq 34.86% Biotechnology & Medical Research
- BLNK Blink Charging Co Nasdaq 31.10% Utilities – Electric
- IGMS IGM Biosciences Inc Nasdaq 30.14% Biotechnology & Medical Research
- VTNR Vertex Energy Inc Nasdaq 29.97% Oil & Gas – Refining and Marketing
- EVGO Evgo Inc Nasdaq 29.80% Utilities – Electric
- REI Ring Energy Inc AMEX 29.06% Oil & Gas – Exploration and Production
- WKHS Workhorse Group Inc Nasdaq 28.70% Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- NKLA Nikola Corporation Nasdaq 28.47% Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- CRSR Corsair Gaming Inc Nasdaq Computer Hardware
- BIG Big Lots, Inc. NYSE 26.55% Retailers – Discount Stores
- SFT Shift Technologies Inc Nasdaq 26.45% Retailers – Auto Vehicles, Parts & Service
- OCGN Ocugen Inc Nasdaq 26.23% Biotechnology & Medical Research
- SPCE Virgin Galactic Holdings Inc NYSE 26.03% Aerospace & Defense
- BTBT Bit Digital Inc Nasdaq 25.75% Fintech – Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
- ZYXI Zynex Inc. Nasdaq 25.13% Advanced Medical Equipment & Technology
- SDC SmileDirectClub Inc Nasdaq 25.04% Medical Equipment, Supplies & Distribution
- MVIS Microvision, Inc. Nasdaq 24.93% Electronic Equipment & Parts
- DNMR Danimer Scientific Inc NYSE 24.87% Chemicals – Commodity
- JWN Nordstrom, Inc. NYSE 24.18% Retailers – Department Stores
- SKLZ Skillz Inc NYSE 24.04% IT Services & Consulting
The NASDAQ short interest is updated twice a month. Short interest data is reported on mid-month and end-of-month settlement dates for NASDAQ listed stocks. Most exchanges do month end reporting on short interest. So it is constantly updating and changing but is delayed in reporting.